Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Hi folks,

Sorry I've been absent for so long! Had some medical problems over the past several weeks--had my gallbladder sucked out through my navel and some major back problems. The gallbladder thing was a piece of cake--no pain before, during or after the surgery--but the back pain has laid me low! Could only be up for about an hour before it got to be too much and then had to lie down for an hour. Really drained my energy! Also had a throat infection and some other crap going on during that time.

Fortunately, I was finally able to get my third spinal steroid shot a few days ago and this time it worked. Still have some pain but nothing like I was having before. It was really hard to focus on anything during that time which is the main reason I haven't been posting.

So, some news! Tonight, I'm being interviewed by Pam Stack on her Authors on the Air podcast at 9 pm ED. Hope you can tune in! You can also phone in and say hi if you like. Check out the link here:  Listen on any Wi-Fi device - http://www.blogtalkradio.com/authorsontheair/2016/07/28/author-les-edgerton-joins-host-pam-stack-on-authors-on-the-air-live

Next week, I get to go to Scottsdale, AZ for a week's visit with my best friend, Tom Rough. Will be there from Aug. 3 - 10. Hope to see some of my class members and other friends there. I just found out our illustrious graduate, Maegan Beaumont, will be launching and signing her fourth book there... but the week following my visit. Bummer...

Hoping to be able to make this year's Bouchercon in New Orleans in September. I've snagged a panel on noir with Dave Zeltserman and some other cool writers so am going to try my best.

I've got two weeks off from my class until the next session begins and plan to use the time to finish my next novel which my agent has been yelling at me to get done. Well... Svetlana doesn't yell, but she does strongly urge...


Hope I can start posting stuff more regularly here again. Thanks for hanging in there!

Hope to catch some of you tonight on the podcast!

Blue skies,
Les

2 comments:

col2910 said...

Glad to hear you're on the mend mate. Hope things improve for you a lot more and fast!

Les Edgerton said...

Thanks, Col--it's been a rough few weeks but am feeling much better now!